Des Moines Memory Care
If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia you are not alone. Alzheimer’s and related dementia affect about 5.4 million people. For many families, a common mistake is waiting until a crisis, which may include injury or wandering, before seeking help. It’s important that you begin planning now to find suitable care before a crisis or major issue occurs.
There have been great strides in understanding these conditions, and research shows that early detection allows for prompt intervention to preserve remaining abilities and slow the progression of the disease. Ramsey Village provides memory care in our Alzheimer's and dementia community exclusively for individuals in need of memory care who would benefit from a personalized approach in a safe, structured environment.
Our Memory Care program is based on the concept of “Person-Centered” care, which means knowing each and every resident with a focus on the whole person.
We want our residents to have more control over their daily lives, and respect their self-esteem in every encounter or activity.
The Daily Program
- The guiding principles of the Memory Care are evident in the Daily Program. These activities include; Individualized person centered care, Specialized Program and therapeutic activities, Lifelong learning for every encounter to maintain the connections that are important to a positive quality of life.
- The Dining Experience
- Our Dining Experience focuses on retained skills to remain independent. We encourage a sense of self with our residents’ ability to make choices.
- Hydration management is an important aspect to maintain health and minimizing urinary tract infections (UTI’s).
- High Staffing and Training Standards
- All staff are exposed to continuous training including tools such as formal training , meetings, Care and Compliance training modules as well as on-going in-services, utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Physical environment Modifications
- We have a unique, “Way-Finding Assistance” using color to assist residents with locations. Activity opportunities are set-up throughout to foster engagement and help residents identify familiar settings to reminisce and relate to where they may be at any given moment in their journey.
For a list of our standard accomodations, read about our Services & Amenities.